This parallelogram suspension seatpost by.schulz is their G.2 ST series in 27.2mm diameter with 30mm travel & a ‘standard’ spring designed for riders 80-105kgs.
The by,schulz G.2 ST parallelogram suspension seat post scores with top response and driving comfort, thanks to the tried-and-tested parallelogram spring mechanism. And that with only 100 mm assembly height and 30 mm spring travel. For example, when city and trekking bikers roll over cobblestones or bumpy gravel.
In order to compensate for the vibrations on tour in a way that is easy on the back, the built-in steel spring is available in 5 different spring rates . Changing the spring on the G.2 ST is child’s play.
With the spring element matched to the driver’s weight, the spring support works efficiently and offers reserves for larger impacts. The different spring rates allow individual adjustment of the G.2 ST parallelogram sprung seat post for a rider weight of 45 kg to 150 kg. The G.2 ST spring support also manages to look darn good: Powerful, organically flowing lines set visual accents.
The parallelogram suspension seat post was developed to offer you the highest level of riding comfort, both in the city and on rough terrain. The suspension is progressive, ie the system reacts softly to light impacts and with increasing spring resistance to hard impacts.
When deflecting, the G.2 ST parallelogram sprung seat post dives backwards by approx. 18mm and downwards by approx. 22mm.
- Material : Aluminium AL-6061-T6, AL-6066-T6, 3D forged
- Colour : Black anodized
- Bearing: IGUS polymer high-performance plain bearing
- Saddle clamp : with fine adjustment and robust detent
- Installation height : Approx. 100mm
- Spring element: length approx. 72mm
- Travel : Approx. 30mm
- Offset : Approx. 17mm
- Tube : ø 27.2mm
- Lengths: 350mm / can be shortened
- Weight : From about 600g
- Scope of delivery: G.2 ST seat post incl. neoprene protective cover and operating instructions
- For saddle rails with Ø 7mm, optionally available for Ø 8mm
- Driver weight approval : Please note the reduced driver weight approval of 130kg for smaller diameters (e.g. 25.4×300 / 26.4×350 / 26.6×350 / 26.8×350 / 27.2x400mm)
- Stop ring option: The 34.9x400mm variant has the option for a pull-out stop ring. This only works in combination with the by,schulz reducing sleeve and the by,schulz clamp.
Scope of delivery: G.2 seat post including mud cover and operating instructions